How to backup your data (SpotLog Android v4)
Select your backup location
- Select "Settings" from the SpotLog menu
- Scroll down, and tap "Select backup folder"
- Select the backup folder. If unsure, the "Download" folder is a convenient location.
Backup your data
- Select "Data" from the SpotLog menu
- Tap "Backup Records"
- Wait for the "Finished Backup" prompt on screen:
Move backup file to a safe place
- Locate the backup file "backup.xml" (eg in the "Download" folder as above)
- Move the file to a safe place on another computer or device. For example
- Connect the phone/device to a computer (And enable file transfer)
- Browse to the "Download" folder (or whichever folder you chose above)
- Locate the "Backup.xml" file and copy to computer. Store in a safe folder.
- On the phone/device, locate the "backup.xml" file
- Send the file by email to your email account/computer etc