A new build of SpotLog is currently in preparation. This is a complete new code build and will unify the Android and iOS platforms with the same functions and features on both systems. As well as a new look to the app, the new build will bring performance benefits and operate faster and smoother than previous versions of the app.
Hopefully will go to beta testers early Autumn.
It is planned to publish the new build towards the end of 2019.
- Early beta testing on going
- Extensive testing of sync function identified some issues and fixes
- Tablet more screens (NoteBook and Book) implemented
- New Book search function (thanks to Alan for idea)
- Most core functions working.
- App is usable.
- Testing and verification of processes, syncing etc in progress.
- App working in Android and iOS.
- Working on new layouts, esp for tablet devices.
- Testing evaluating new features.
- Working on performance upgrades and tweaks.
- Need to work on app size and startup time.
3/8/19, new version running on iPhone 6s and Moto G7
Some previews of the new app:
Notebook view (Android on left, iOS on right). Still some work to do here.
Disamibugation/Record edit screen:
The book section supports different layouts, compare the image below with the one above and note how different columns are shown.
The book now has custom layouts, so we can have a different column layout in different sets, compare below with the image
Sets Management screen